Members reviewed the proposed changes to the bylaws, there was substantial participation and comment (and amazing cookies from La Petit Baking Co!). An updated version will be posted on this website as soon at the edits are made and approved. Key changes include:
- Day Vendor Fee raised to $15
- One 10×10 spot and room for one vehicle is included in membership or day vendor fee, an additional space, if available, is charged at the day vendor fee.
- 25# weight per tent leg is now specified as required for safety
- All vendor applications go to the Board of Directors for review and approval
- Other changes are classified as minor, and generally served to augment the clarity and readability of the the document.
Members voted on 2017 season elections:
President – Robert Thompson
VP – Rhonda Fox
Treasurer – Cathy Krafcik
Secretary – Christina Gordon
At Large members:
Lori Osada, Patrick Poetter, Jim Edwards
The President reported on the state of the market, and the continuing search for a permanent home. The Treasurer reported on 2016 season spending. The market manager reported on planned recruiting and orientation efforts, and plans for the 25th market season.
The creation of a volunteer Marketing Committee, reporting to the market manager was proposed and approved. Volunteers include Jackie Wall, Bonnie Gullak, and Jim Stockwell. David Fleckenstein will be stepping down from his responsibilities in writing the weekly newspaper article this season, and this activity will now fall under this committee.
The importance of Community Participation was noted, and market hopes to gear towards the creation of a Community Advisory Committee in the season ahead.